Over the past week, I have read some amazing blog posts by my favourite bloggers highlighting the best bits of 2015. From favourite books to fulfilling projects, these articles were fun and inspiring.
Writing it all down was an enormous help, and I could shift my perspective to a more positive one. Suddenly having spare time meant I was free to read more, and this was rewarded by joining Rosie Amber’s Book Review Team. When I hit my metaphorical brick wall, I would shut myself away with a notebook and lose myself in fantasy fiction; this enabled me to complete the third book in my young adult fantasy series.
I’ve always loved the quote ‘every cloud has a silver lining’, but until this moment I didn’t honestly appreciate it.
With my ceremony complete and 2015 well and truly behind me I was able to look forward to a sparkling New Year. I worked out my goals for writing, health and family/lifestyle, and allowed myself that time to continue recuperating, and then a wonderful thing happened.
2016 arrived, and I felt different; elated and excited. This was going to be an incredible year, not just for me but my family and friends, both ‘real’ and ‘online’. In my kitchen I have a chalkboard with the words ‘thoughts become things, pick good ones’ written on it. I totally believe that our thoughts can influence our actions. Last year was full of darkness but by closing down the year and altering the way I thought about it helped me to find the light again.
Do I have any evidence to back up my findings? Well, I’m glad you asked.
- So far, I have revealed the cover of my latest fantasy fiction book to overwhelming support and positive feedback. Guardians of the Sky (book two) will be released on 22nd January.
- My non-fiction book, How I Changed My Life in a Year, hit the number one spot on women’s biographies best seller list, number two on the self-help best seller list and number two on the memoir best seller list (above Sir Tom Jones! #justsaying)
- I am to be the Spotlight Author on Blue Harvest Creative’s site for January, alongside the very beautiful Juliette Sobanet, author of award-winning romance and mystery books.
- I have been invited to a ‘meet the author’ event at a local holistic centre to talk about my non-fiction work, and I’m speaking at the prestigious ‘It’s Your Life West Midlands’ event in a few weeks.
- I am getting involved in Rosie Amber’s new YouTube Channel, where Rosie is producing 90-second book reviews. Hollywood here we come!
If thoughts DO become things, then I’m so pleased that I did my closing down ceremony and was able to see the good mixed in with the bad. Maybe 2015 didn’t suck as much as I first thought because it gave me the freedom to change direction and pursue my dreams.
I wish you all an incredible 2016 full of opportunity, good health and happiness.