Writing Mentor Programme
As a writing mentor I help people get started on their book or blog project in a variety of ways. I work with you to get that idea from your head and onto the page. My passion is working with clients who are serious about their creative projects and are looking for support on that journey. Think of me as your personal Yoda, trainer, or cheerleader.
What I offer:
• A road map for your project.
• Inspiration and motivation.
• Time management techniques.
• Productivity structures.
Whether you want to write fiction, non-fiction, or start/maintain a blog, I can help.
Who am I?
I self-published my first book in 2014, and I’ve gone on to write and publish ten titles – five non-fiction titles, including the Amazon best seller How I Changed My Life in a Year; and five fiction novels, including my award-winning young adult novel Hood Academy.
In 2017 I signed with an American publisher on a ten-book contract. I write and publish two books a year as well as being principle writer for various blogs across a range of industries, including personal development, writing, hospitality, and business support.
• Highly commended in the Writing Magazine Self-Publishing Awards 2015
• Winner of New Apple E-Book Fiction Award 2018
• Finalist in YA Book of the Year RONE Awards 2018
• Most Inspirational Blogger Award 2016/2017 and nominated again in 2019
• Top 10 UK Personal Development Blog 2018 awarded by Feedspot
• Received a Celebrating Women of Achievement Award 2019
Working with me
There are a variety of ways we can work together on your creative project. Choose the option that resonates with you and your book or writing project. Appointments are done via Zoom (free online platform) or face-to-face (Solihull).
• Book Brainstorming Session (1 1/2 hours)
The Book Brainstorming Session is ideal for writers who have a pot of ideas and are unsure about which option to develop. Or for new authors who are looking to start writing/have started writing and need a structure to follow. We will explore your idea/s and map out a plan of action to help you move forward.
• Blog Brainstorming Session (1 1/2 hours)
Ideal for new or experienced bloggers who want help with content creation for their blogging platform. We will work together on your chosen theme and create a 12-month schedule for you to follow.
• Writer’s Life Session (2 hours)
A valuable session for new authors where I cover everything you need to create your author platform. This includes blogging, social media strategy, and email lists, marketing information, and setting up your Amazon author and Goodreads pages.
NB: My programmes do not include feedback on your writing, editing or proof reading services, or publishing your completed novel. However, I can provide recommendations for colleagues who specialise in these areas.
Act today and sign up for a mentoring programme that will unleash your inner author. Email Shelley at email@example.com for availability and pricing.
Need a guest speaker for your next event? I offer a variety of talk topics from 30 minutes/1 hour with Q&A.
- Self-help/personal development writing journey.
- Motivational talks for women.
- Process of writing and publishing.
- Vision board workshops for groups of 10+.
- Secondary School: Sharing my young adult (YA) books, story inspiration, and writing process together with workshop opportunities if required.
- Infant/Junior School: You can book me for Meditation for Children sessions (Age 5+)
(Email me for rates and more information – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Want to know more?
If you wish to book an author visit or a blogging or writing workshop then please email me at the address below, and we can have a chat.
Examples of my work: