Today I am joined by Carol Hedges as she chats about her latest release, and drinking an awful lot of Prosecco!
The Fun Five:
1. What part of the world do you come from?
I was born in Welwyn Garden City, in Hertfordshire. It was one of the ‘new’ Garden Cities that were built in the 1940’s. I now live in Harpenden, quite close, and go back for shopping. The old bit is still remarkably the same, though it seems much smaller now I’m ‘all growed up’.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I never had any ambition – getting away from home probably covered most of it. I didn’t want to be a teacher – so guess what I ended up being?
3. List three words to describe yourself.
Loyal. Funny. Impatient.
4. Who would play you in a film about your life?
I’d like to think someone very glam like Helen Mirren, but given my daftness, probably Ruby Wax would be ideal.
5. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
I can drink an awful lot of Prosecco hahahaha. Oh, and I can write books…is that enough?
The Sensible Six:
1. What inspired you to write your first book?
I love history – I studied Archaeology at University, so my first book, Ring of Silver, Lord of Time, is a time travel novel for teenagers based on the Roman occupation of St Albans.
2. Give us the title and genre of your latest book and a brief tagline.
The new book is the sequel to Diamonds & Dust. It’s called Honour & Obey. It’s London 1861 and a serial killer stalks the streets.
3. Did you plan to write a series?
I never planned to write a series. As some of you know, Diamonds & Dust was rejected by my (then) agent as unpublishable. The response to it was so overwhelmingly positive, that I wrote the second one. And I am now writing a third.
4. We love your Victorian detectives. Are Stride and Cully based on anyone you know?
Stride and Cully are a ‘pastiche’ of Holmes and Watson. Leo Stride references Lestrade, the fictional Police Inspector of Conan Doyle’s books. Cully is the amiable sidekick. The ‘joke’ is that in the end, they never actually catch anybody…the cases sort themselves out.
5. What can we expect from you in the future?
Well, I’m over halfway through the third book. So who knows. Maybe there’ll be a fourth, given the encouragement. (I think I speak for all when I say ‘Yes please Carol’)
6. How can we contact you or find out more about your books?
I’m on twitter @carolJhedges
I’m on Facebook
I’m on Amazon
My blog is at http://carolhedges.blogspot.co.uk
1 thought on “Author Interview – Carol Hedges”