Today I am joined by one of my favourite authors, Della Galton.
The Fun Five:
1. What part of the world are you from?
Bournemouth, born and bred, like my mother 🙂
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A vet! Not sure what happened!
3. List three words to describe yourself.
Tall, over sensitive, workaholic, tee hee.
4. Who would play you in a film about your life?
Someone gorgeously attractive and a lot younger – preferably with real long hair and not hair extensions!
5. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
I can click my mouth and make it sound like a galloping horse. My cousin, Nicola, taught me when we were about eight!
The Sensible Six:
1. You write short stories, novels and non-fiction – not to mention your agony aunt page, critique service, blog, Daily Della anthologies, workshops and public speaking (phew!), do you have a favourite?
It’s a close toss up between short stories and novels. I love both, the stories for their brevity and the novels for the opposite reason, you can really get your teeth into a good novel.
2. Give us the title of your latest book and a brief tagline.
It’s called The Morning After The Life Before – and it’s about a scatty lovely girl who used to drink a teeny bit too much and is trying not to do it again.
3. I am so excited about SJ’s return. Did you plan to write a sequel?
Not when I wrote Ice and a Slice. I thought it was a standalone. But I got nagged a lot and I fancied writing more about SJ – I love her. And in the end I couldn’t resist it.
4. How much research is involved when writing about sensitive topics such as alcoholism?
Loads. I do all my research by asking people who know. I speak to them at length and in depth. I feel very privileged that they trust me.
5. What can we expect from you in the future?
Well, actually I quite fancy writing a third novel about SJ. I have the first page in my head.
6. How can we contact you or find out more about your books?
You can get your copy of The Morning After The Life Before here.
Also available: Ice and a Slice.
To celebrate its two year birthday, Ice and a Slice, book one in the Ice series is FREE for kindle today until Sunday.