Today I am joined by one of my favourite authors, Della Galton.
The Fun Five:
1. What part of the world are you from?
Bournemouth, born and bred, like my mother 🙂
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A vet! Not sure what happened!
3. List three words to describe yourself.
Tall, over sensitive, workaholic, tee hee.
4. Who would play you in a film about your life?
Someone gorgeously attractive and a lot younger – preferably with real long hair and not hair extensions!
5. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
I can click my mouth and make it sound like a galloping horse. My cousin, Nicola, taught me when we were about eight!
The Sensible Six:
1. You write short stories, novels and non-fiction – not to mention your agony aunt page, critique service, blog, Daily Della anthologies, workshops and public speaking (phew!), do you have a favourite?
It’s a close toss up between short stories and novels. I love both, the stories for their brevity and the novels for the opposite reason, you can really get your teeth into a good novel.
2. Give us the title of your latest book and a brief tagline.
It’s called The Morning After The Life Before – and it’s about a scatty lovely girl who used to drink a teeny bit too much and is trying not to do it again.
3. I am so excited about SJ’s return. Did you plan to write a sequel?
Not when I wrote Ice and a Slice. I thought it was a standalone. But I got nagged a lot and I fancied writing more about SJ – I love her. And in the end I couldn’t resist it.
4. How much research is involved when writing about sensitive topics such as alcoholism?
Loads. I do all my research by asking people who know. I speak to them at length and in depth. I feel very privileged that they trust me.
5. What can we expect from you in the future?
Well, actually I quite fancy writing a third novel about SJ. I have the first page in my head.
6. How can we contact you or find out more about your books?
I am on Facebook and Twitter most days. I have a website and a blog.
You can get your copy of The Morning After The Life Before here.
Also available: Ice and a Slice.
To celebrate its two year birthday, Ice and a Slice, book one in the Ice series is FREE for kindle today until Sunday.
3 thoughts on “Author Interview – Della Galton”
thank you very much for having me, Shelley 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks you very much for having me, Shelley, I may have posted this twice. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Twice as nice! 🙂