Today I am joined by, Susan Buchanan, author of contemporary fiction and mum to two ‘wee cherubs’.
Over to Sooz…
The Fun Five:
1. What part of the world do you come from?
I am from just outside Glasgow. I now live the other side of Glasgow, so I haven’t really gone very far, albeit I’ve lived abroad a few times.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Originally I wanted to be an interpreter in the navy (I know, I wouldn’t have lasted two minutes!). Then I just wanted to be an interpreter. No policewoman or nurse for me. I always loved languages, although strangely enough, apart from the creative writing aspect, not English. I eventually ended up in European and international sales, translating and interpreting a lot of the time.
3. List three words to describe yourself.
Loyal, chatterbox, enthusiastic
4. Who would play you in a film about your life?
Sandra Bullock in her Miss Congeniality role, crossed with Renee Zellweger as Bridget Jones.
5. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
Hobbies? What are those? Oh, you mean those things I had pre-children? I’m not sure it’s unique, but I do like languages as I said earlier and I speak five relatively fluently. When I did have a hobby it was travelling abroad – pretty much anywhere. 56 countries at last count – I think!
The Sensible Six:
1. What inspired you to write romantic fiction?
Well, I like to read chick lit and contemporary fiction with relationships in it, although I don’t particularly read romance as a genre, unless the cover has tricked me into it! Who doesn’t want a happy ever after? I am sure most people have had their fair share of hard knocks in life and I’ve always liked to read about how things improve for the person and how they meet their special someone.
2. Give us the title of your latest book and a brief tagline.
Return of the Christmas Spirit – Can librarian Star put her charges on the path to happiness this Christmas?
3. Your novels contain a wonderful mix of characters, are they ever based on people you have met?
Not that I can think of, although sometimes there are some cameos or lines that could have been inspired by people I know, but not the actual characters themselves.
4. Return of the Christmas Spirit is the sequel to The Christmas Spirit, however, it can be read quite nicely as a standalone. Did you intend to write more than one Christmas themed book?
Yes, I did, but not in this series. There may well be a third book, but I don’t intend to write it straightaway. I have at least another two non-linked Christmas books I want to write.
5. What can we expect from you in the future?
Who knows!! I have so many book ideas flying about in my head at the minute! I intend to finish What If by early 2017, but I also hope to write a chick lit novel during 2016 which I might try to get published traditionally. I have no shortage of material!
6. How can we contact you or find out more about your books?
Find all of Susan’s books on her Amazon page.